Yesterday I picked up my new Taran 16 so it's time to sell my Mirage 532. The kevlar infused resin transfer fabrication technique enables the builder to make a much lighter kayak. I weighed it, and it weighs 20kg complete with the electric bilge pump, a reinforced deck (for the sail mast), compass, and a custom seat and seat back. This is a very light kayak.
It is a fast kayak that is good for day paddles and has lots of storage space for expeditions. I'm charging $3800 ($4000 on Gumtree) but I paid over $6000 before adding the bilge pump, sail fittings and a very comfortable custom seat back. I've owned the boat from new for two years but haven't paddled it much over the past year as it isn't purple or glittery enough.
The extras on this boat which are not included in the price you will see online include:
1. Ritchie deck compass $225
2. Electric bilge pump with magnetx magnetic switch $295 (plus $100 for installation)
3. both the standard large rudder and the small flush rudder which is better for beach launches ($375)
4. both the standard rudder pedal setup and the large plate rudder pedal setup which is better for pushing your feet against when paddling $350
5. A Dave Winkworth foam seat (also allows you to position the seat easily) $189
6. Ronstan cleats for sail boom line and haul up line $70
7. Tow line connect points on both sides of the cockpit
8. Spray deck and cockpit cover ~ $150
9. Keeleazy tape to protect the keel $160
10. a custom made foam seat back which makes rolling and paddling much more comfortable
11. The foredeck was reinforced at build so that it could take a sail mast without compromising the deck $90
Good Morning Len,
Is your 532 kayak suitable for a small paddler like me, 171cm/68kg in full kit. I currently paddle a Zegul 520LV. A fun boat but limited in storage and can be flighty in steep seas so I am looking for something suitable for multi day trips.
0428 349 071
Yes. The specs say it is suitable for small to medium paddlers.
I know a few smaller framed paddlers who paddle the boat. Because the seat is movable you can trim the boat to account for your size.
© 2022 VSKC. All rights reserved. Victorian Sea Kayak Club Inc. ABN 88523898851PO Box 161, Black Rock, VIC 3193