- Meet: Sandridge Beach (Port Melbourne)
- Paddle grading: Sea Kayak Basics
- Paddle distance: 10km
- Sea Environment: Enclosed Sea
- Instructors: Helmut Heinze / Keith Russell
- Maximum number: 12
- Meet time: 9:30am
- Launch time: 10:00am
- Finish time: 2.30pm
- The first session on 27 March, second on 3 April, third on 10 April
So you got your Sea Kayak Basics? To really enjoy kayaking under more challenging conditions you will want to go beyond the basics and start developing and polishing your paddling technique.
This is a series of three sessions that combine skills development with a short coffee run to St Kilda, Port Melbourne or Williamstown. This is on the menu:
- Full steam ahead: developing a powerful forward stroke (and the art of staying upright)
- On the edge and around the bend: turning the kayak (including cool stuff and keeping in control when it gets bumpy)
- Staying safe and getting out of trouble: the art of paddling as a team, knowing the rules (and getting back into the boat)
The order will depend a little on the weather; we make the best of the conditions as we find them. If you miss a session - no worries, we review them briefly. In the end - on any real paddle it all has come together.
Any queries - ask us: Helmut Heinze (0421 478 848) / Keith Russell (0427 452 342).
And as a follow-up you may be interested in this: ISS weekend. Phillip Island